Friday, March 23, 2012

Red and Sweet - Red Velvet Whoopie Pie

March 23, 2012
Starbucks, Philadelphia PA
~
Red Velvet Whoopie Pie
~

It was a beautiful day today so Casey and I finally got to go for our little coffee chat. Before we got to Starbucks however, we got our own iced coffees and chips and dips at the dining hall. Then at Starbucks, I managed to persuade her to get the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie too. After all, it is no longer on the official Starbucks Petites menu online, although it does say it is still available after Googling it. For some reason, the Starbucks beside our dining hall still had this little red treat that I have wanted to try since forever.

I was not disappointed when I finally finished taking pictures and we dug in into each of our treats. The icing was soft, the cake moist, the icing perfectly sweet with just the right buttercream icing texture. It was a VERY delicious treat. I could have eaten another one no problem. Cake and icing is just the perfect pair for me.

Honestly though, Starbucks almost never disappoints. Perhaps once every now and then there will be that cup of poorly crafted beverage because a barista is not stepping up his or her game. The food though, since it's not made then and there, is always good. I know they make sure it is fresh, only allowing it to be kept for a certain number of days. I should know since I have worked there, even if I did not get paid.

Anyways, the fact that their prices are so high compared to, say, McDonald's, ensures their brand name will retain that quality. Their stores are always so nice and relaxing, feeling like those indie coffee shops. Most stores have that quaint coffee shop feel to it where one can just sit, relax, and enjoy a cup of aromatic coffee and a sweet, delicious treat. Even if it is the largest international coffee chain, it does not have that cheap, commercial feel. That's what I love about Starbucks. A nice chat over coffee and a little bit of ruby deliciousness - a wonderful way to spend a sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment