Saturday, February 4, 2012

Satisfy Those Cravings - Hard Rock Cafe

December 27, 2011
Hard Rock Cafe, Las Vegas NV
~
Hard Rock Nachos
Cobb Salad
Hickory-Smoked Bar-B-Que Duo Combo
~

After seeing Hard Rock first in Los Angeles, then in Orlando, Philadelphia, and Vegas, we just had to give it a try. The music is not particularly what any of us listens to but regardless, the atmosphere is quite unique - a twist on the traditional restaurant setting, that's for sure!
Mom was craving nachos for two days. So, to satisfy her taste buds, she ordered the nachos - I loved the cheese and jalapenos! So spicy, so nice. I prefer lots of cheese but Mom and Dad seemed to prefer the crispy, un-cheesed chips. The cheese made it soggy after a while but I liked it that way. Salsa was good but I was never a big fan of sour cream.

I had the Cobb Salad and boy it was huge! Just a regular salad, nothing too fancy. It was not bad but there was nothing remarkable.

Dad's hickory-smoked bbq duo of ribs and chicken was, on the other hand, great. I loved the bbq sauce. It was amazing. The ranchero beans that came with it was heavenly for me. I haven't had traditional beans like that for so long! They remind me of our early immigration days, back in my first elementary, and then the canned beans I used to get from Superstore. The ribs were so tender and perfectly done.

I don't think we'll go back to Hard Rock, just because their menu does not offer a lot of variety. Cheesecake Factory is definitely better in their selections. Not a bad dinner, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment