Saturday, February 18, 2012

Squadra di Equestre - La Viola Ovest

February 3, 2012
La Viola Ovest, Philadelphia PA
~
Linguini Al Marinaio
~

My first ever BYO. It was with the Penn Equestrian Team, or rather Squadra di Equestre in Italian. A wonderful evening spent with the girls, I must say! Although a bit pricy, I was definitely pleased with this restaurant. I felt like seafood, so this was the perfect dish. I substituted the linguini with whole wheat pasta. They made it a bit undercooked, as some noodles were al dente and some a bit harder. But, it is to my taste. I've always preferred my pastas as chewy as possible without being raw. I also like it when they clump a bit. I don't exactly love food that are too easy to eat. The sauce was quite tasty, the seafood done very well. A few more shrimp and a few more pieces of salmon would have been nice, but the dish was very tasty. I also feel that for the price, compared to some of the other pastas they offered, this one was definitely worth it, as there was more pasta and a lot of seafood, for only a few extra dollars. I would definitely go back and try their tagliatelle. It was so thick it looked delicious with the salmon and blush sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment